Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More World Cup Fever


OK just so I haven't talked about the World Cup in the last few days doesn't mean I haven't been watching it. As a matter of fact, just the opposite. I've pretty much been glued to the TV for all of the games. And I just have to say, thank goodness for ESPN Classic because they re-run that day's games in the evenings. I can watch my favorite bits again!

Seriously though, this World Cup has been pretty interesting so far. No headbutt (yet) but then again, France's Zinedine Zidane isn't there. I do love his Adidas commercial though. With his black hood, he looks like a Sith from Star Wars...Darth Zidane, I love it!

However, there has been a lot of blood. My poor little Pique' has lost so much that he might need me to give him a transfusion. There have been some crazy games- USA's Landon Donovan's stoppage time goal to push his team into the Knockout Round and then the big loss in the very next game (I know I said earlier that I didn't think they would make it that far, but I was really hoping they would go further than that), referees who know how to do their jobs- like the guy who told Portugals Christiano Ronaldo he better not end up on the ground unless he's hurt (Ronaldo has a tendency to roll around on the ground if a strong puff of wind wafts in his general direction), and unfortunately, referees who have no clue how to do their jobs- there are too many example of this for me to even get into.

It's like a soap opera without women. Would you have ever thought such a thing could exist?

Caitlin is giving a speech in her public speaking class today informing people about the wonderfulness that is soccer and trying to convince them to watch the World Cup. Let me leave you with a few of her points...#1, it's the biggest sport in the world, #2, it is actually very exciting, a contact sport without pads and #3, the guys are HOTTTT. Go ahead, find you a pretty one to root for. Just remember, Pique' is MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment