Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blast from the Past


I freely admit that I am a big kid. At Christmas, I run around the house singing the Toys R Us song. I'm easy to buy presents for, just get me a Barbie doll with a long dress (I collect them, not play with them. That would be creepy!)

So for the last month, I have been waiting with baited breath for today to come. It's Tuesday, the day new movies come out and Tuesday October 5 brings us the release of Beauty and the Beast on DVD. (I know, I know, it was out on DVD before but I missed it then) I was at the Wally World before 8:00 this morning, sweater thrown on over my pj's so I could bring it home. I might have looked rough and been sleep deprived, but I was positively giddy with excitement!

The thing about Beauty and the Beast is that it's not only a great movie for kids of all ages, it's also a great Caitlin memory for me. She was just a wee baby Caitlin when the movie first came out on VHS and when we watched it, she cried, completely brokenhearted because she thought it was over forever. I had to watch it with her 3 times in a row before I could convince her we could watch it whenever we wanted. Now, nearly 20 years later, I'm hoping she doesn't cry like that when we watch it on DVD. I'm not as patient as I was then!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I am highly entertained at the thought of you playing with Barbie's.

    Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one excited for this! Beauty and the Beast is one of my favourites. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I'm such a Barbie girl. I went from cutting their hair off and painting their faces to collecting them like crazy! Like I said, big kid!

    ReplyDelete