Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mysteries at the Museum


Hi folks, long time no blog! Things have been crazy for me this semester but believe me, this one is worth the wait!

Imagine my surprise to open my emails the other day to find a message from someone affiliated with The Travel Channel (one of my favorite networks ever. I'd kill to be Samantha Brown!) Blog family, we have been given a heads-up about a new show premiering this week called "Mysteries at the Museum." Most of the time when you think of the word 'museum' you think 'stuffy' or 'boring.' With "Mysteries at the Museum," the Travel Channel is kicking that idea right to the curb. The first episode, which airs Tuesday November 2 at 9PM EST/ 8PM CST, takes us to Alcatraz- how did a newspaper, rain jackets, a spoon and some human hair help 4 people plan a huge deception?- the National Museum of the US Navy -how did something that looks sort of like a typewriter give the Nazis an advantage in the 1940's- and Walter's Art Museum- isn't the Mona Lisa supposed to be hanging in the Louvre?- and many other interesting places that will answer questions, once and for always ending the idea that museums are boring. If you have sat through one of my blood and guts, who's sleeping with whom, scandals and stories kind of lectures, this is the kind of show for you.

Alright, blog family, The Travel Channel has taken an interest in us, so let's pay them back in kind. "Mysteries at the Museum" Tuesday, Nov 2. Watch it, tape it, set your DVR for it. Tell everybody you know to watch it. Something tells me we are going to learn a lot of really cool stuff.

More to come after I watch Tuesday night's episode but for right now, here's the teaser for the show...

Episode 1 Preview : )

3 comments:

  1. Cool beans!! It sounds really good. Sounds like I have plans for Tuesday night : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That show aS pretty good. I like man v. Food over any show on tv. By the way I have Spanish from 6 to 9 on Monday right next door to your Monday 6 to 9 class and I hear everyone laughing in there. I wish I was still in history 1/2. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the first one last week and it really was good. I might be having to steal some of their stuff to use in class! And I wish you were back in class too- you and Brittany both!

    Definitely agree with you about Man vs. Food! I love that show too. I keep wondering why Adam's not as big as a minivan with as much food as he shovels in. I'd be puking my toenails up before I got a quarter of the way done.

    ReplyDelete