Thursday, December 2, 2010

Are you watching The Walking Dead?


If not, WHY NOT?!?!?!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, those of you that know me pretty well are just shrugging this off going "well, she is a conspiracy theorist" and believe me, I'm not calling BS on you or anything but my craziness aside, this is a great show! I've tried to watch a few AMC shows here and there but I just couldn't get into them. Breaking Bad and Mad Men just weren't my cup of tea and I really did try my best to get into Rubicon but it went way over my head. But when I saw the first trailers for The Walking Dead, I knew I'd be glued to the telly for it. The zombie apocalypse/ pandemic plague idea is one that has gotten a lot of screen time over the years but TWD really reminds me of the BBC show Survivors (which I loved too). Rather than being a show about defeating the zombies, it's much more about finding some sort of normalcy in a completely flipped out new world. And yes, since it comes on Sunday nights at 9:00, and I go to bed right after, I do spend most of the night wondering if the noises outside my bedroom are the zombies coming to get me. But hey, this show is so totally worth screwing up my sleep patters for the night.

The only thing that sucks about TWD is that AMC ordered a 'miniseason' for its first season, only 6 episodes long. Sunday night is the finale but if you haven't watched it yet, don't despair. AMC is running a marathon of episodes 1-5 on Sunday leading up to the finale so you can get a megadose of all the zombiefied goodness! Watch it and then you can come back here and we can discuss it in the comments.

FYI- conspiracy theorist that I am, it does have me making mental notes on what to do and what not to do in the face of a zombie apocalypse (Limber Up, the Double Tap). I have also added lock picking kit and crossbow with plenty of arrows to my Christmas list this year. It always pays to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment