Monday, February 14, 2011

Muse @ the Grammys


I'm just not really a big fan of awards shows (sorry Rainy- I know you go all out for the Oscars!) but I have to admit that I was looking forward to last night's Grammy Awards. I was excited and surprised when I heard that my favorite band, Muse, would be performing and had also been nominated for 3 awards. The awards thing didn't go completely in their favor- they came away with the trophy for Best Rock Album for The Resistance- but it was great to see that they are starting to get the recognition that they deserve on this side of the Pond.

I'm a little biased but I have to say that their performance of "Uprising" was the best performance of the show. The Bugs and I went to see them live 3 times last year and seeing them on TV gives you that same little shiver that you get when they start the song in the stadium. And Matt's hair...fluffier AND pointier than usual! Two thumbs up!

For those of you scratching your head and going "Muse? What's a Muse?" don't make me smack you! Head right on out to the closest music store and pick up all 5 of their albums. Start saving your money for the next round of US concerts. Believe me, it will so be worth it. Definitely the best band of the new milennium, hands down!

2 comments:

  1. I love Muse. They have always been one of my favorites. Their performance was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin got me into them a couple of years ago and now I'm completely hooked! They are even better live than on CD (and you can't say that too often!) There are whispers that they might be at Bonaroo this year and if they are, I'm so going to be there!

    ReplyDelete