Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super Hero Mania


I usually get all into the Super Bowl, mainly for the commercials rather than the actual football. Sadly, this year, I was bogged down in writing lectures, grading tests, all the detritus that comes with being a teacher and I completely missed it. Thank goodness for IMDB because I got up this morning, all bleary eyed after last night's class, and blinked my way through the commercials and movie previews. Little Vader was the coolest thing, wasn't it! (Usually it's the Bud Light commercials that make me roll in the floor but VW topped everybody this year).

But if I have learned nothing else from the highly overpriced ads, 2011 is going to be the Year of the Superhero. Geek that I am, I am so completely alright with that!

First and foremost, I know the info is about a week old but 4 little words- HENRY CAVILL IS SUPERMAN!!! Hence the pic above. Holy moly, I'm still fanning myself. If you don't know who this god among men is, check out The Tudors. He plays King Henry VIII's brother-in-law and bestest bud Charles Brandon (and you get to see his bare booty in the first episode. Num yummy). I've always been a Batman kind of girl but I might be having to migrate over to Metropolis!

There were also all sorts of plugs for X-Men First Class, Thor and Captain America. Do you know how bad this sucks? This summer I'm going to be movie watching rich but money poor! Still, I can't wait. I hope all these live up to the hype. I've enjoyed the comics and cartoons over the years so it will be great to have live action versions.

And even though he might not be a real superhero- unless you count making my heart go pitter patter- Johnny the Great made a guest appearance in the ads. Prequels usually suck but the new Pirates movie looks like it might break the mold. Who am I kidding, Johnny's in it; I'd be watching it even if it was 2 1/2 hours of him trying to fix that nappy hair!

I'm going to be living at the movie theater this year. Think we can move classes to the lobby? It would make life so much more convenient for me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not kidding girl- watch The Tudors. I was looking so forward to it when I heard about it because Tudor Era England is one of my fields of study but when I watched the first one and saw this piece of gorgeousness, I was hooked.

    Caitlin said she wanted to send a thank you note to his parents for the shag well shagged on the night they created him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. his eyes are beautiful...hmmm maybe ill have a baby by him! lol! hey I started a blog too..

    http://rainywaters.blogspot.com/?spref=fb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I was thinking the same thing...this guy so needs to be my baby daddy. Our kids would be siblings!

    And I'm a follower on your blog now! I'm loving the velvet dresses and red velvet cake idea (yum) but you can have my share of Cadbury eggs. Those things are nasty!

    ReplyDelete