Saturday, September 18, 2010

Countdown to Test #1

Just wanted to take the time to remind all 3 of my classes that your first test is coming up in your next class meeting.

For the multiple choice part of the test:

BRING YOUR PENCILS!!!! Did you hear that? BRING YOUR PENCILS!!!! I won't have any and you can't count on the goodwill of others to share with you. And I hate to say this part because it should be obvious but...make sure your pencil has an eraser.

STUDY!!!! This ought to go without saying also but... read your notes, know the key terms, read the assigned stuff from the book. If you are able, get with somebody else from class and study together. I've always found that tag-team study sessions lead to better grades.

For the assessment essay part of the test:

You'll need notebook paper and pen or pencil for this. I prefer black or blue ink but I'm more concerned with being able to read your writing. That's the most important part. I'm not in the business of decyphering chicken scratch, so if you write like a doctor, you'll want to put a little effort into legibility.

Remember, the essay comes directly from the dedicated lecture and terms sheet. You aren't going to have to dig around in your brain for info from all the other lectures for this.


Columbia M/W 2:00 class- I'm planning to be in the classroom as soon as Dr. Andrews lets his class out. That way I can answer any last-minute questions you have.

Monday Night Franklin class- for those of you who want, we'll be meeting at 5:00 in room 108 for a last-minute cram session. Should the room # change, I'll post signs so you can find me.

Friday Franklin class- cram session @ 10:30 in room 103.

All of the multiple choice questions are "choose from ABCD" format. I don't do True/False, fix the false to make it true, matching or any other crazy questions like that. However, there are "Which of these is true/not true" so you do have to read the the questions AND all the answers carefully.

I'll post the curves here on the blog ASAP.

As always, email me if you have any questions and good luck to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Any type of pencil, or are we supposed to bring a No. 2 one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh, I forgot to specify that part didn't I?
    Yes, a #2 pencil.

    ReplyDelete