Monday, September 13, 2010

The TLC

Nope, I'm not talking about The Learning Channel or a little Tender Loving Care (although both are good, don't get me wrong). I'm talking about the Teaching and Learning Center at Columbia State. People are always asking me where they can go for help with their English classes or math classes. You guys ought to know by now that me and math are like oil and water so luckily, the folks at the TLC can help you.

This is a huge service that Columbia State provides. Take advantage of it, seriously. It's free! Get that? FREE!!!! Gina and the folks at the main campus are great. If you are a Franklin student and don't want to make the drive south, there's a branch at the Franklin campus too. It's free and they will help you.

One caveat, when I say "help" I really do mean "help." You can go to them for writing advice but you actually have to do the work. They aren't going to do the writing for you. However, it's nice to have someone who will check over your work for you and make sure you are on the right track.

If you think the TLC can help you, get in touch with them. I sent out an email with their contact info to all of your chargernet email accounts. You can also look them up on the website.

Happy writing and cheers to better grades!

1 comment:

  1. Free sounds wonderful for me. I'll definitely need this when I take math...

    ReplyDelete