Sunday, July 4, 2010

More World Cup Fever


I have absolutely no nails left because I gnawed them all off sitting on the edge of the couch and playing armchair soccer coach yesterday. My throat even hurts from all the screaming I did but what can I say...the Spain v. Paraguay game was a nailbiter. If you read the earlier World Cup posts, you know we're all "Viva Espana" at my house and this game was extremely important. It's go big or go home time because if Spain didn't win this game, they wouldn't move into the semi-finals. How could I survive if I didn't get to see my future hubby Pique' until club season starts back this fall?!?

But the final four have been set. Tuesday and Wednesday are the semi-finals with the Netherlands facing Uruguay and then Spain taking on Germany. I pity my poor Franklin class; they have to take a test while this game is on. I'll have ESPNsoccernet on the computer and it will probably take everything I have not to scream/shout/pull hair/throw things. (I'll be good- I promise!)

Regardless, we're in the home stretch of the World Cup. It ends next weekend so I'll have to find something else to fill the sports void. What will I do without soccer? Luckily college football season is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment