Sunday, July 11, 2010

Never Doubt Paul the Octopus


The World Cup final was today and Paul the psychic octopus in the Berlin Aquarium predicted Spain would come out on top. It was a long, drawn-out nailbiter of a game but Paul was right. VIVA ESPANA!

If you didn't get to see it, you missed a damn good game. There were more cards given in this game than in any other World Cup final so you know there were a bunch of hard knocks and faked injuries. And I have to admit that it was definitely a cutie patootie parade. In addition to my Pique' there were several other hotties out there. If the players weren't enough eye candy, Spain's Prince Felipe was sitting in the stands. Muy caliente!

It's been a long month of games and, with Spain losing their first game to Switzerland in round 1, there were some questionable moments of the outcome but hey, in the end, SPAIN WON!!!!!! Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just hope they don't cook Paul for being a traitor to his country... you know how I feel about sea creatures, but if they harm him we will be adopting him. It's not really the brother I've always wished for, but hey he's psychic octopus thats street (or tank) cred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! If necessary, we must save Paul. Forget elections, let's just put Paul in Washington!

    And I agree with you about the brother thing. When Ti was born, I demanded a goat instead of him (I wanted a sister). I guess if I could live with a goat, I could live with a psychic octopus.

    ReplyDelete