Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another MUSE-ical Evening

Yesterday, as soon as I got done with lecture and biscotti pass-outs, I hit the door running. Literally. I was chunking it across the bridge to the parking lot as fast as I could because I had a date with amazingness. Yes, once again, Caitlin and I spent our evening with the rock phenom known as Muse. I know, we just drove to Atlanta less than two weeks ago to see them. Why in the world would we do it again so soon? BECAUSE THEY ROCK, duh!

I was hurrying because I knew that all the construction on Broadway in Nashville could negatively impact my getting a parking place that didn't require me hiking 3 miles in the 3 inch black boots I was wearing. But it was a pleasant surprise when we got off the Interstate and found an open parking area right behind the Nashville Arena/Gaylord Center/Sommet Center/Bridgstone Arena (seriously, that place is having a major identity crisis).

The bad part of getting there easily was that we had a 2 hour wait before the concert started. As we were standing in line, I figured why not make a few new Museaholic friends. We struck up a conversation with a cute guy from North Carolina, a young couple from Illinois and a mom and 2 daughters from Kentucky. Nice folks. Talking to them made the time pass a whole lot quicker.

When we got inside, I was tickled pink over our seats. I thought the seats we had in Atlanta were good but this time we were sitting just to the right of the stage, close enough to get great pictures. Unfortunately the guys who sat behind us looked like a couple of Jolly Green Giants meet the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. I thought I was going to have to smack the shitake mushrooms out of one of them because he thought it was funny to keep pulling my hair. Reminded me of flirting in the 3rd grade- I didn't like it then and can't stand it now. Luckily our section wasn't completely filled so once the lights went down, Caitlin and I were able to move to different seats- about 4 rows closer (see, silver lining!)

Holy moly! I didn't think Muse could have been any better than they were in Atlanta but I was oh so wrong. I can't hear or talk still because I screamed and sang the whole 2 hours that they played. Caitlin has a pair of sparkly Converse just like Matt, the lead singer, was wearing. She thought it was cool- they have the same SuperMassiveSparklyShoes! At one point, he grabbed a spotlight on the stage and shined it around the crowd, looking for the loudest group of fans. Yup, you guessed it- it was us!!!! He kept the lights on us and the people in front of us for about 15seconds while we sang and danced in the aisle. Oh yeah, we're famous!

It was also really cool at the very end when Dom, the drummer said "Thank you Nashville for letting us rock in the home of country music." Well, Dom, just come on back ASAP! I can't wait to see them again! I guess I'll just have to settle for their cd's and the 150 or so pictures that I took.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you got the opportunity to see them again. :) Sometimes you just need to live it up and rock! LOL... all that talk of sparkly converse makes me want a pair..lol. Was that the last Muse concert you'll be going to or will there be more? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was fun. It's great just to be able to let my hair down and act a fool sometimes...especially when Caitlin is acting a fool right beside me. Usually if I do something like that, she's scooting away from me acting like she has no clue who I am.

    This one was the last concert that we have tickets for. They have only announced the first leg of their US tour and they are getting so big here that I'm hoping they'll sweep back through the South again before they hop back across the pond. Believe me, if they come anywhere close- Louisville, Birmingham, Memphis- we are so going to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know the feeling. My mom is always asking if she is embarrassing me...lol. Sometimes when no one you know is around, you can act however you want to.. cause no one is going to see you again. I'm glad it was so fun! You need those times in life.

    Hope you get to see them again. It sounds like you REALLY like hearing and seeing them. Maybe they won't hop cross the pond too soon. LOL.. like that phrase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I don't care if Caitlin is embarassed by me or not. Just because I'm her mom doesn't mean I'm an old fuddy duddy. Believe me, there were folks out there older than me acting a fool too!

    We found out last night that they've announced a surprise gig at the SXSW event in Austin, TX, tomorrow night. It's like this really small, intimate place (supposedly the smallest place they've ever played) and it was a surprise announcement on Fox last night (during Human Target, one of my new fave shows). You have to get there way early and get an armband to get in. You know if I didn't have to do my Franklin class tomorrow, the Cait and I would be on I40W right now! Alas, we will just have to wait and watch it on MySpace on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My life is now complete. I'm not embarassed by you, but I am extremely pwoud that you are finally loving the greatness that is MUSE. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I was eagerly waiting to pop the giant balloons and what happened... bounced right over me!! Next time my friend next time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you've got me loving Muse and I'm glad you're pwoud of me. But if you start talking like Matt Bellamy, I'm going to have to put you in rehab for Muse-aholics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Caitlin! There were giant balloons? How giant were they? LOL... :) I think ya'll both must be Muse-aholics. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh.. my link didn't work

    ReplyDelete