Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Break Blues

Spring Break...a whole week off to reboot, rejuvenate, any "re" word you can think of. Sounds so good when you are APPROACHING Spring Break. Not so much when it's coming to a close and it's time to think about the stuff that I intended to do but didn't get done. Waaaaay too much. ***deep sigh***

I guess I need to put my teacher had back on and address a couple of things- directed at my Columbia and Clifton students only (Franklin babies, you're off the hook for this one). A student emailed me to ask about test #2. I announced in class that we would be having in on the Wednesday after we get back. I know, I know- it's not what's on the revised schedules I gave out. But like I said in class, I think that everytime I try to plan out a semester, the schedule gods laugh and say "hey, let's send a freak snowstorm to completely screw her plans up."

The reason that I chose to do it this way is because the last day to drop with a "W" is fast approaching. Some folks wait until they get a 2nd test grade to make that decision. I want to make sure everybody has 2 test grades and 1 paper grade under their belts before drop day arrives. And seriously, if you decide to drop a class- mine or anybody else's- please, Please, PLEASE fill out the required paperwork and officially drop. Don't just stop coming to class. You'll get an "F" and it might screw up your financial aid from here on out.

On Monday, we'll finish discussing World War I (Ch 22). I'll also give back papers and we'll discuss your research findings. And by "we" I really do mean you guys have to talk too. Before I get the "Oh what horror, I have to talk in class" thing, remember, part of your grade depends on participation. Some of you need to be speaking up. Just because I haven't thrown a marker at you doesn't mean I haven't seen you texting. I keep up with that kind of stuff.

What I want to do is brainstorm out loud. Throw out ideas that you found in your research on the changes for women from 1877-1920. I'll type them on the screen so you can write them down as we go along. This will make it easier on you when it comes to doing that part of the essay on the final.

So to sum it up, start studying your notes beginning where we left off for test #1 (somewhere around Coxey's Army) and come in Monday ready to participate! As always, post a comment here or email me if you have any questions.

Happy rest of Spring Break!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ms. Ramona! I appreciate all you do. Can't wait to get back to your class. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete