Monday, February 8, 2010

Attn: Columbia M/W Students- Today's Class Cancelled

OK, I like being off just like the next person, but I really hate icy roads. I tried to make it to my Clifton class this morning and spun out on the road when I turned off of the highway. My poor little car slid into a ditch and just slid right back up out of it. You know me...I was making up new cuss words the entire time. Are you supposed to turn the wheel with the slide or against it? I can never remember and when you are in the process of sliding is not the best time to try.

Anyhoo, call me a wuss, but I'm just not risking it to get to Columbia. The roads in Wayne County are bad and from what I understand, the ones in Lawrence and Giles are getting there too.

Yes, cancelling class puts us even further behind, but we'll catch up. I don't want to risk anybody's safety (especially my own!) just for a history lecture. I'll had out a revised schedule when we meet Wednesday. The test will be pushed even further back than it already is but look at it this way, more time to study! Silver lining people, silver lining.

Other teachers are cancelling their classes too. I know my friend Dawn is stuck in her house (she can't even get out of the door). So you might want to check your emails to see if any of your other classes are meeting before you head out.

Stay safe, stay warm and see you Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.listzblog.com/top_ten_influential_and_famous_photographs_list.html Mrs. Shelton, I came across this, and I figured you would might want to use a couple of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool! Thanks so much Eric, I'm always looking for new pics to use in class. The ones of Lincoln and Houdini were great. The Vietnamese execution one was one of those pictures that you are so horrified at but can't help but look at. Thanks, thanks, thanks! Please comment anytime : )

    ReplyDelete