Friday, February 26, 2010

Biscotti for a Good Cause


Who doesn't love a good piece of biscotti? Especially when it helps someone reach a milestone goal in their lives. You have the opportunity to help Cathleen, a student in my Franklin class, in her plans to go to Mexico on a mission trip this year. I'll let her tell you about it in her own words...

Hola amigos! I hope wherever this find you, tu estés muy bien! I am excited to share with you that I am Mexico-bound for the second time. June 15th my man and I will be on plane headed for Mazatlan, as we have privilege and joy of walking out the love of Jesus among the Mexican people with a mission team from Thompson Station Church, ministering to local villages through Centro Cristiano Espiritu y Verdad. As part of raising funds, I am prepared to don my apron and flour my parchment paper to bring you biscotti! A batch of 10 italian twice-baked cookies will run you $8.00, and are perfect for soaking in your coffee, hot chocolate, tea, or cider. Flavors offered include :
Deeply Chocolate (chocolate biscotti, chocolate chunks)
Mocha Almond (mocha biscotti, roasted almond slivers)
White Chocolate Peppermint (minty biscotti, crushed peppermints & white chocolate chips)
Cranberry Orange Spice (spice biscotti, crasins & orange zest)
Butter Pecan (pecan biscotti base, roasted pecan pieces)
Lemon-Almond (lemon biscotti, roasted almond slivers)
I'll be in the Columbia class Monday to collect orders and payments, and will have fresh, tasty biscotti for you Columbia kids on Wednesday! I'll be taking orders and payments at the Franklin campus on Friday, and your lovely biscotti will be available to you the following week!
With gratitude,
Cathleen, your fellow history student
P.S. We are working with the children of rural villages and plan to distribute toothbrushes, toothpaste, bar soap, lightly used children's clothes, shoes, and small toys, so if you're interested in donating any of those items, I will gladly receive them.
*Due to risk of contamination, biscotti consumption is not recommended for individuals with nut allergies.


To sweeten the pot (pun intended) I'm going to offer everyone in my classes who buy a batch of Cathleen's biscotti a 5 point bonus on their next test. I'll even give you 10 points for two batches. You can buy more to help her cause but there is a 10 point max on the bonus offer. If you aren't in class and want to order some, either comment on this post or give me an email. Let's all band together to help Cathleen help others!

2 comments:

  1. Can we Clifton kids do this too? Bonus points are nice, but biscotti sounds yummy and helping others sounds even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we're going to discuss it tomorrow. I would never cut you guys out of the yummy biscotti goodness. Oh yeah, and the opportunity for some bonus points!

    ReplyDelete