Monday, February 22, 2010

Has Spring Sprung?

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Wasn't it absolutely beautiful outside? I should have been grading papers but holy cow, after weeks of ice and snow it was nice to see a little sunlight.

Now that does make me wonder...do a couple of fairly warm days mean that Spring is upon us? The reason that I ask is that because everywhere I looked Friday, Saturday and Sunday, there were folks running around in shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops. People broke out the carwashing buckets and I swear there was a guy in our neighborhood who spent all day Saturday mowing and weed eating his yard.

Don't get me wrong. You all know how much I love my flippy flops (winter teacher shoes are about to drive me off the deep end!) and yes, I was one of the people who got out there with the bucket. But are we jumping on the Spring bandwagon just a little too early? I was looking at the weather a little earlier and they are calling for snow again Tuesday or Wednesday. Will the shorts folks break out their sweats again or will they brave the cold in their cut-offs? Just a question that has been bugging me all weekend.

Oh, and BTW, I really didn't have much choice but to wash the car. The Caitlin-mobile is supposed to be red but with all the salt from the roads, it was more of a pink. We washed the windows but despite the sun, it was a little too cold for my blood and we ended up running it through a car wash to finish the job. Yes, I'm a slacker and I know it : )

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's all pretty crazy to me too! I mean why can't it just settle down and be normal..lol. Dad says that the fronts fight until spring comes. So one minute it's warm, the next it's snowing. I was not one to break out the flip-flops. I knew it wasn't over yet. But, yes it was a nice day to be outside. :) Salt trucks annoy me too.. majorly! Glad ya'll got Caitlin's car fixed up! :)

    ReplyDelete