Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More Snow to Come...

With the gorgeous days over the weekend, I was really beginning to think that Phil the Groundhog was punking us about his Groundhog's Day prediction of 6 more weeks of bad weather. And then I was watching the news last night. I know meteorologists tend to be a little dramatic about the weather but this time, they've even got me worried.

Many of you are too young (or weren't even here yet) to remember the ice storms of 1993-94. Believe me, bad doesn't come anywhere close to describing them. Ice coated everything for days, the lights were out forever in many places, it was rough getting food. Crews came in from other states to help our local folks get the power back on and even then, it didn't always stay on.

Guess what...the dramatic meteorologists are calling for the weather next week to rival if not surpass the horribleness that was Ice Storm 93-94. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm already so far behind in my classes its pathethic. If that happens, I'll never get caught up. I swear, I'm going to call up Sarah Palin and order me some ididerod sled dogs so I can get out if the big one hits. And before they get here, I'm going to hit the Wally World to stock up on the basics- Kit Kats, toilet paper and new books (ice storms call for new reading material doncha think?). I'll probably throw in some bottled water, bread and kerosene just in case. Let's all head out right now before all the crazies take over Wal-Mart and stock up. And if it doesn't hit like they are predicting, oh well, Kit Kats and new books are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment